Code of Conduct
All players and officials are expected to ensure that cricket is always played in the spirit of fair play, within the laws of the game and in a truly sportsmanlike manner. The responsibility for ensuring the spirit of fair play rests with all the players and officials. Captains and umpires together set the tone for the conduct of a cricket match.
The GPCA is committed to maintaining the highest standards of behavior and conduct. This GPCA “Code of Conduct” incorporates the spirit of fair play and laws of the game. It applies to all cricket activities, practice sessions and matches played under the GPCA.
- The captains are responsible at all times for ensuring that play is conducted within the Spirit of Cricket and within the laws.
- Players shall not at any time engage in conduct unbecoming to a player which could bring the game into disrepute.
- GPCA will take adequate steps to ensure the good behavior of their members towards other players and umpires.
- Players and team members must at all times accept the umpire’s decision. Players must not show dissent at the umpire’s decision or react in a provocative or disapproving manner towards an umpire at any time.
- Players and team members shall not use crude and/or abusive language nor make offensive gestures or hand signals nor deliberately distract an opponent..
- Players and team members shall not make racially abusive comments nor indulge in racially abusive actions against fellow players, officials, members and supporters. GPCA has an open door policy and welcomes players/members irrespective of race, religion, gender, color, descent, national or ethnic origin. All players and officials under GPCA must abide by this rule, and there are no exceptions.
- GPCA expects members to aid in the organization of and to participate in GPCA events .
- All members must complete and sign the membership form and pay membership fee on or before participating in cricket practice and matches under the GPCA.
- Players should always try to arrive at the ground at least 30 minutes before the scheduled start of cricket practice and match.
- All players are required to help in preparing the field prior to and at the conclusion of a practice session or game i.e. the placing of stumps, boundary markers, scoreboards and numbers, crease markings, etc, making sure that the team equipment is properly used and stored.
- GPCA expects members to wear appropriate kit (clothes and shoes) to take the field. GPCA expects members to wear GPCA T-Shirts for all practice sessions and matches.
- All players must assume that cricket is on as scheduled unless otherwise informed.
- Members are asked to ensure that the GPCA equipments and facilities are not abused.
- Attendance at practice sessions is strongly encouraged as it may have a bearing on team selection.
- GPCA strongly recommend players to use the gears/protection necessary to participate in the game.